Official Travel Time Across the United States is 6 Days 8 Hours 21 Minutes

24 August, 2011

(music playing) Amarillo By Morning

This state is awesome.

Let's Eat Partner. 
 I looked up MVF and found........The 72oz Sirloin Challenge. No, as much as all of ya'all would think I would've done it, that is a lot of food.
Ignore the stud in the hat. This is the table that you sit at when you take the  72oz Challenge. They can have up to six contestants. Notice the timers on the wall. Honey, I think we should decorate our house this way.

This lady is moving from WV to CA. We sat next to her. How bazaar is that. These artists walked around each table and sang songs. It was very cool.

Here was our dinner. This was a 21oz steak. Could you imagine consuming  almost four times this amount. 

The boys each got a root beer float, complete with souvenir cup.

C did more playing that he did eating.

This melted in my mouth. Yes, I did eat the whole thing (minus the 10 bites to B and 3 bites to C).

Sorry this is so blurry. This is the guy that we watched. He quit after 45 minutes and he had this piece of steak he is holding up, plus another piece half that size on his plate. Have I said it is a lot of food.

In case you wanted to be picked up at your hotel, they offer free limo service (ya don't see this in the OC).
So after the first two days of sight seeing and burning gas, I thought I might go a lot farther to my destination today. We left Gallup, NM and just drove....and got gas.......and drove......and got gas......and drove. We pulled into Amarillo, TX about 6pm MST.

1 comment:

  1. Aaack! It looks so fun! What an amazing adventure for my three handsome cowboys!

    Did they give them the hats, or did you bring them along?

    ReplyDelete